Application procedure for the 2014 edition of the workshop: CANCELLED EDITION
Due to unexpected organisation problems, we are very sorry to inform you that the 2014 edition of the WWW-YES international workshop will not take place: we do hope that these problems will be solved for the possible 2015 edition and we suggest you to follow news on the workshop Web site: http://leesu.univ-paris-est.fr/yes/
Condition for application to the 14th edition of WWW-YES workshop (Arcueil, France, 2 - 6 June 2014)
1. To be involved within a PhD or post-doctoral program within a scientific institution, or to have finished a PhD since less than 3 years; although dedicated to all types of PhD students involved in the "urban water" domain, the workshop is mostly effective for first year ones, during the period when the research subject is is defined and the methodologies selected;
2. To be less than 40 years old at the date of application,
3. To be able to participate the whole duration of the workshop
4. To be able to communicate in English, both orally and in written
5. To present a topic in the field of urban waters, resource or risks
6. To raise either from local, national or international institutions the funds necessary for travelling to/from Paris since WWW-YES workshop does not support any travel costs.
The workshop topic "Urban waters" is open, i.e. not targeted towards a specific scientific field. Each participant should use at least 2 keywords (in addition to "urban water") in his/her paper from the following list:
decision support systems,
ecological sanitation, ECOSAN
micro pollutants (organic or inorganic),
recycling (water or nutrients),
water born diseases.
If the application is selected, accept to prepare in English:
i/ a manuscript (6-10 p) and a oral presentation (10 min ),
ii/ a review report on a designated manuscript and to chair a 30 min discussion of the related oral presentation,
iii/ a survey report on the drinking water management of a town (selected within the birth or working country).
At the same level of application quality, candidates issued from developing countries are prioritized.
Procedure for application to the 14th edition of WWW-YES
(Arcueil, France, 2 - 6 June 2014)
The application form (on-line procedure) for the WWW-YES-2014 workshop wass accessible here (inactive link). As mentioned on this page, the application procedure contains:
- The opening of an account: login, password and e-mail address,
- The validation of this account, using an html link received by e-mail
- The filling of the application form, using the validated login and password:
- All fields need to be filled, unless given as optional: if you forget some of them when submitting, a red message will appear at the head of the form, listing such missing fields,
- A presentation title and abstract (less than 1000 characters) should be included,
- Avoid apostrophe punctuation mark in all fields, since its presence is wrongly interpreted by the software and you loose all the previously filled data,
- Avoid special (for example quotation mark ") or accented characters in all fields.
- When accepting all workshop conditions and submitting the application form, an automatic acknowledgement e-mail message will be sent both to you and to the workshop organisers, including the content of your application form.
- Shortly after your submission, the workshop organisers may ask you to complete or revise specific fields of your application form in order to clarify some questions and to adapt your application to the WWW-YES workshop features.
Since several candidates were either applying or revising their application form, submission and possible revisions of application forms have been extended to 5 January 2014: it is now no more possible to suggest a paper and oral presentation title and abstract (any further inquiry should be sent by mail to the organizing comittee).
After examination of all received applications, all applicants will be informed of the acceptance or refusal of their application in January 2014 . Upon acceptance of their application, candidates will receive an official invitation letter (needed for visa application or travel funds requests). Each of them needs to finalize his registration before 4 April 2014 :
- By uploading to the WWW-YES web site using the same procedure and link than for registration (opening a new window: inactive link) a 6-10 page paper written in English, related to the proposed presentation, in order to prepare the workshop proceedings. In case this upload procedure does not work properly, paper files should be sent to Daniel Thevenot as attachement to an e-mail. The paper should be produced using Microsoft Word and the WWW-YES template file (link) copying and applying the title, heading, subheading... styles from this template file. The file to upload or send, should be less than 10 Mb. More presentation and content details can be found below in the IWA guidelines (file attached) and WWW-YES check-list for reviewers (link). This task needs to be done before 4 April 2014.
- By preparing a survey report on the drinking water management of a selected city (except for cities surveyed by participants of previous WWW-YES editions) and submitting a survey form, using an html link that will be sent by e-mail, and sending to Daniel Thevenot 3 JPG files illustrating the drinking water equipment and/or problems on the selected city as well as a map of the country locating the selected city, these 4 JPG files being sent by e-mail together with their respective legends. This task needs to be done before 4 April 2014.
- By sending to the organizing committee the MS PowerPoint oral presentation file (10 min) before the 27 May 2014, as an attachment to an email message, if the PPT file is lower than 6 Mb.
- By sending by email to the organizing committee the expected date and time of arrival and departure to/from Paris, for organising the accommodation and the meals at Arcueil. For most participants, accommodation will be extended from the day preceding the workshop to the day after it, i.e. from Sunday evening to Sunday morning.
General presentation of the WWW-YES workshop: link
Template for preparing your manuscript for the WWW-YES-2014 workshop: link
Checklist for reviewing WWW-YES-2014 papers: link